Farms Welcoming Visitors & Local Farmer’s Markets/Farmstands
This is a great way to experience an integral part of Vermont! Visit a working farm or get a taste of their wonderful products at the Farmer’s markets!
- Allenholm Farm
- Farm animals, orchard tours by pre-arrangement, and a great farm store.
- South Street, South Hero, VT 802-372-5566 www.allenholm.com
- Take Route 2 East To South Hero. Turn right on South Street. Allenholm Farm is on the left 1 mile down.
- Carman Brook Maple and Dairy Farm
- Dairy farm tours, sugarhouse tours, fun farm store.
- 1275 Fortin Road, Highgate Springs, VT 1-800-84-MAPLE www.cbmaplefarm.com
- Take Route 2 West To Alburgh. Turn Right on Route 78, Turn Left on Depot Street in Swanton. Continue onto Merchant’s Row, which becomes Canada Road. Turn Left on Spring St. Turn Right on Carter Hill Road. Turn Left onto Fortin Road.
- J & M Ladd Families Farm
- A lovely local family-run dairy farm, fun to visit.
- 98 Alburgh Springs Road, Alburgh, VT 802-796-4566 (contact Mary Ladd)
- Follow Route 2 West to Alburgh. Turn Right on Route 78, Turn Left on Alburgh Springs Road
- Shelburne Farms
- A 1400 acre working farm, National Historic Landmark, & nonprofit environmental education center
- www.shelburnefarms.org 802-985-8686
- Open May 8 until October 17, Walking Trails Open Year Round
- Take Route 2 East to I-89 South, Exit 13 to I-189 W, Turn left onto Route 7, Follow 3 miles, Turn Right At Bay Road Continue onto Shelburne Farms Road (About 45 minutes drive total)
- Lakes End Cheeses
- 212 West Shore Road in Alburgh
- Route 2 West to Alburgh, Turn Left At Middle Road, Turn Right on West Shore Road
- 802-796-4725 www.lakesendcheeses.com
- Champlain Islands Farmer’s Market
- June through October, local fresh food, fiber, and fine crafts on sale.
- Wednesdays 4-7pm on Route 2 across from Seb’s Snack Bar in South Hero & Saturdays 10am-2pm at St. Joseph’s Church on Route 2 in Grand Isle www.islandsfarmersmarket.com
- Hacket’s Orchard
- Wonderful farm store with apples, maple syrup, freshly baked pies, doughnuts and many other fine Vermont products, picnic and play area, pick your own apples in season.
- Open April 30th-December 31st at 86 South Street, South Hero. 802-372-4848
- Savage Gardens:
- Small family farm; the farm stand is walking distance from the Village of North Hero. The stand offers fresh eggs year round and certified organic vegetables, strawberries, cut flowers, herbs and plants throughout the growing season.
- 303 Savage Point Road, North Hero. www.savagegardensvt.com